- The Minneapolis-based Electronic Manufacturers Recycling Management Co. reached an agreement to provide its services at 35 Goodwill locations in central Texas.
- Waste Pro USA, Longwood, Fla., purchased two diesel/electric hybrid garbage trucks that will be used in Lee County and Manatee County.
- Chicago-based Veolia ES Waste-to-Energy received the Pennsylvania Governor's Award for its safety practices and records at its waste-to-energy facilities.
- Waste Management, Houston, deployed four hydraulic hybrid-diesel garbage trucks in its Fort Worth, Texas, fleet.
- Covanta Energy, Fairfield, N.J., received the 2008 Industry Award from the Waste-to-Energy Research and Technology Council.
- Local governments in Vermont have formed the Vermont Product Stewardship Council to shift waste management costs and responsibilities to manufacturers.