In a time when email trumps the handwritten word and texting often replaces phone calls, a live event is the perfect place to make meaningful connections with buyers and peers.
In today's economy, we also know that now more than ever your marketing mix and budget are constantly being reviewed and tweaked to get the most bang for your buck!
That's why we want to share some research about the value of in-person events. According to research from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR):
- 99% of exhibitors find unique value delivered by B2B exhibitions which is not provided by other marketing channels
- Exhibitors assign top ranking to the value of face-to-face interactions at exhibitions
- Exhibitors assign high value to exhibitions in helping them achieve their high priority marketing and sales objectives
- B2B exhibitions capture the largest share of marketing dollars among companies that exhibit
Plus, attendees rank exhibitions #1 as valued face-to-face time.
Attendees and exhibitors rank exhibitions and sales calls highest in terms of the value of face-to-face interactions from a list of 10 possible options.
- For attendees, the exhibition setting is the top rated, with nearly one-half, ranking it first over all other listed options. No other option comes close; in-person sales calls are a distant second at 26%.
- For exhibitors, exhibitions and in-person sales calls are statistically tied for first ranking; again, no other option comes close.
Source: Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR), 2012.
It seems no matter how far technology has come, no other form of communication is as effective as face time. Do you agree?